Wedding season is nearly upon us, and as a wedding photographer, you know that weddings come in all shapes and sizes. To be successful, you need to focus on the type of wedding that you want to book regularly.
Would you rather book more, low budget, affordable wedding photography, or would you rather book a few higher end, higher budget weddings, that you can put all of your energy and creativity into, and deliver a really high quality product that you’re proud to show off? If the answer is higher budget weddings, then you need to do what you can to position yourself as the best quality, most trust-worthy product in the market. People with lots of money have it because they’re very careful about what they do spend it on. Make sure your product is the thing that they value and are willing to pay for.
- You need to make sure that you’re found in the best places, so think about where these people might go to, and then be there. Country clubs, golf clubs, country houses. Find a way to work with the top venues in your area, and make sure people know who did the photography for them.
- If you live in a small town, you may need to cast your net wider if you want to attract really high end clients. Think about the cost of getting to the big city, against the cost of not attracting these clients.
- Be prepared to travel. Highest end clients may actually want a destination wedding. Check out our tips on being a destination wedding photographer.
- Advertise in the media that your anticipated clients will read. You need to be in the luxury wedding magazine, or travel magazine, not so much in the local paper, though it’s always good to have a good local reputation too.
- Make sure your high end clients will talk about what a great person you were to work with. Often discretion is the key, so you may be disappointed, but you won’t be able to advertise your work with your highest end clients, but hopefully, they will pass on your details to their friends.
- Offer only high quality, high cost packages, but be sure the cost represents the very highest quality work and materials.
- Position yourself as an authority on quality. Perhaps writing about other high quality vendors, wedding planners, venues, caterers, complimentary high end products that your clients will also want to use, on your blog.
- Don’t forget the power of networking, getting to know all these other vendors is well worth it so that they might recommend you to their clients too.
- Use the best quality photo editing software you can buy, which doesn’t have to mean the most expensive. PortraitPro portrait editing software has a huge range of photo editing tools to help you achieve the best possible portrait photo.
Try out PortraitPro today and see how great quality portrait editing software can help you achieve a look your higher end clients will want to see.