Staying proactive whilst working from home can be difficult, also trying to separate working and relaxing time is hard to separate. Check out these tips below to help.
- Get dressed in the morning and planning out your days, setting times to do set tasks is super helpful at keeping you proactive.
- Having a home office is a great idea if you have the room, ideally a separate room is best, so you can go into a separate space just to focus on your work. Closing the door so you don’t get distracted and limiting your coffee breaks.
- You can pick the times of day you want to work, so if you are a night worker, then work at night rather than during the day, though have your phone on during the day so your clients can contact you.
- Declutter your work space, try to keep the top of your desk and empty as possible so there won’t be any distractions.
- Set yourself a list of goals to work towards – make some really achievable and some that you will need to work towards.
- Don’t work so hard that you are exhausted, have breaks throughout your day taking time to relax, try to only work during the hours you set yourself.
- Read books on subjects that inspire you during your breaks and when you aren’t working to help keep you inspired and refreshed.
- Table lamps are better to help you just concentrate on one thing, rather than the room light.
- Don’t try to rush your work, take your time to make sure that you are always happy with the work, working on more than one project at once is a good idea, to keep your mind refreshed.
- Most importantly remember to not stress out, take time for yourself and be passionate about the type of photography that you do.
Don’t forget to check out our software PortraitPro, to help you save time post processing your images. Click here to download a trial today!
One of the most important things for a professional photographer is the time it takes to process the hundreds of images you take at each and every photo shoot.
This is where PortraitPro Studio Max can really save you hours of portrait retouching time.
The batch processing feature ( available when you run the software as a standalone) can save you so much time you’ll have plenty of time to spend on other things.
- When you run the batch processing, you still have full control over all your changes. You can set presets to be used, but you can still go in to each image and make individual changes too.
- You can set your own presets, so you can make them as subtle, or as dramatic as you want. Each client is individual, so you might want to create a different preset for each client’s set. Then you can use that particular preset for that client.
- Your changes are all saved automatically, so whatever changes you do make are not lost, and you can always return to the summary to see all of your images together again.
- You can choose where your images are saved, so it’s advisable to keep your edited images somewhere separate to your originals. Then you’ll always have your originals intact and your edited images too.
With the end of the semester in sight, you will probably have lots of high school senior sessions booked, not to mention senior prom, and graduation too! Batch processing your images from your high school senior portraits can save you so much time, you can book even more seniors’ sessions.
Try out PortraitPro today and see how you can save time with new portrait editing software.
You may or may not have had a Spring Break or a vacation this year, but don’t worry, it’s almost Easter break.
There’s still time to get your Easter family portraits sorted. Whether it’s booking a family portraits session with a professional studio, or just scheduling a time when all the family can get together, to create something for the family album, there’s plenty of time to take some photos and to do some portrait editing too.
Spring is in the air, and a portrait shoot with the little ones on an Egg Hunt or dressed in a cute outfit seems like the perfect start to a cheerful spring.
Why not organize your own Easter Egg roll and get some great images of the kids having a good time?
PortraitPro Studio Max 12 has full batch processing, allowing you to process hundreds of images at once and saving you time on image editing, allowing you even more time to spend with the kids this holiday weekend. Follow our boards on Pinterest for more inspiration.
Boy with Easter bunny and Egg