(Don’t worry if you’re a little last minute!)
If you’re looking for something personal and special to give the photographer in your life this Valentine’s Day, then we have some great ideas to inspire you.
- A handmade camera strap cover, with pockets for small essentials such as the lens cover.
- Fill the inside of a large bag or purse with extra padding to protect a camera and lenses.
- Stitch a padded lens cozy, to protect each lens.
- Braid a wrist size camera strap for a compact camera.
- Make a whole patchwork camera bag from scratch.
- Crochet gloves to keep fingers warm, with holes for pressing the shutter.
If you think you haven’t got time to make one of these bigger projects, then a smaller project such as a crocheted case for a compact camera or phone, or tablet can take just a couple of hours.
- Choose a nice chunky yarn to give plenty of protection.
- Start by crocheting (or knitting) in a strong stitch like half double crochet – Make chains the width of the item, and if it’s something very thin, like a phone, then don’t make it too much longer.
- Continue stitching in the same stitch until the piece is exactly double the length of the item, and then join up the sides and you will have a lovely, plain, but well protected phone case, camera case, or tablet case. You can even do a matching set, which looks great!
Making something personal, and by hand is a great way to show you care. Any photographer will be thrilled to receive something that beautifully protects their equipment.
We’re also in love with the many different knitted, crocheted, and stitched accessories that you can make, (or buy) for baby photography, and we’ve collected some of our favorites over on Pinterest.
Got any great ideas? Share them with us on Facebook.
Don’t have any time at all to make a gift? Give them the gift of time, with time saving, portrait editing software, PortraitPro.