It’s time to start thinking about your next year’s high school seniors now.
Over the summer, while it’s still fresh in your mind from this season, it’s best to sit down and think about all the things that you think you could improve on from this year, for next year.
How could you have attracted more seniors? More deals for groups of friends, offers on taking both Prom and Graduation photos, or an indoor / outdoor shoot package deal?
- Next year recruit your brand ambassadors. Pick a few key seniors to be your ambassadors for great high school memories. Ask candidates to apply and offer them their own photos free if they can bring you a certain number of clients, or a percentage of their class. Be realistic on the numbers. If you live in a small town, you will never have huge numbers, but if a high percentage of the graduating class will remember your name over the next few months, you’re doing well. Choose seniors who use their social media to share their images, and perhaps are involved with other school activities. They might be able to get you on to other school related projects too.
- Plan a questionnaire for your seniors to find out what they really like to do. This will help you think of locations and props that might be helpful for your sessions. Whatever they say, they’re probably not the only one in their class who likes those things.
- Offer them advice on what to wear for their shoot. Their clothing should be what they’re comfortable in, but nothing too fashionable that will look dated in 10 or 20 years’ time. Makeup should be natural, and hair for both boys and girls should be styled. The more information and help you can offer them, the happier and more confident they will feel. It’s a once in a lifetime moment that stay with them forever.
- High School Seniors are likely to be the most nervous and self-conscious of your clients, so they need a little more reassurance that you can ensure that they will receive images that they will be happy to share with the family. With PortraitPro you can give them exactly that reassurance.
- Use both indoor and outdoor locations for your seniors’ sessions. With LandscapePro, you can also make sure your outdoor images will stand the test of time too.
- Use your own social media to reach out to your potential clients, and keep in touch with them throughout the process. Having a social media following can help increase your base of new clients. Younger students will check out what older students have done before.
Check out our Pinterest board for inspiration on your senior portraits today.