The secret of happiness is to count your blessings while others are adding up their troubles. ~ William Penn
Thanksgiving is a great time to spend with family and loved ones, and as a photographer, it’s great to capture some great family moments.
It’s easy to remember what we’re thankful for when we’re surrounded by family and friends, but it’s an important thing to remember every other day of the year too.
- Remembering to be thankful means that you’ll be more cheerful and generally happier; which is thought to be good for your health.
- Being grateful makes you more likely to exercise; this is also good for your health.
- Instead of focusing on the negative things, focus on the good. You have the skills and the knowledge to be a good photographer and to run your own business. Be grateful for the opportunity to do this.
- Do a good turn for someone less fortunate than yourself, perhaps donating your images to a local hospital, or take photos for an animal adoption center? Be grateful that you have the time and the abilities to do this.
- Be grateful for the family and friends you have around you who support you and care for you.
- If you employ anyone other than just yourself, be grateful for your employee, and show them your gratitude for their hard work. Studies have found that expressions of gratitude are highly motivating, whereas criticism can be de-motivating.
- Being grateful increases your self-esteem and your productivity. Be grateful for your creativity and your opportunity to work in a creative business.
Being happier and healthier will make it more enjoyable for your clients and anyone you work with. Your clients will enjoy spending their time with you in your studio or out on location, and their enjoyment will shine through your images, making them even better!
Happy Thanksgiving from all at Anthropics Technology!